Spirulina is a blue-green algae, that grows rapidly through photosynthesis in highly alkaline water and only occurs naturally in a few places on the planet. Condusive environment for Spirulina is highly alkaline water that is constantly between 30 – 39 degrees Celsius, that receives direct and intense sunlight. Because of its unique habitat preference, Spirulina can be cultivated in an environment that is free from harmful contaminate algae and bacteria that thrive in more neutral water with lower pH.
Spirulina has been a part of human diets for thousands of years. Inhabitants near lake Chad and ancient Aztecs both consumed Spirulina as a significant source of nutrition and protein, and some communities in Africa have even been reported to have survived times of famine on a diet consisting purely of Spirulina.
The extraordinary nutritional value of Spirulina was rediscovered in 1940 by the botanist Pierre Dangeard. Dangeard’s rediscovered went unnoticed for 25 years until Jean Leonard furthered Dangeard’s work. In 1967, two years after Leonard’s observations, the International Association of Applied Microbiology declared Spirulina “‘a wonderful future food source.’”
Benefits from Spirulina?
- Complete Protein containing all eight essential amino acids in addition to ten others amino acids.
- almost no cholesterol & less than 4 calories per gram (between 24-40 calories for a recommended normal serving size of 6-10 grams per day).
- Richest Whole Food Source Of Vitamin E & Beta-Carotene (Pro Vitamin A).
- 3 times the Vitamin E than that of raw wheat germ and its biological activity is 49% greater than synthetic vitamin E;
- 25 times the Beta-Carotene than raw carrots.
- Nature’s Richest Source of Vitamin B-12 & richest food source of Organic Iron.
- Contains SOD (Super Oxide Dismutase) the essential enzyme which is crucial to the body’s ability to assimilate amino acids.
- Contains Natural Digestive and over 2000 Other Enzymes.
- Powerful Natural Detoxifier (Show Helpful in Fighting HIV)
- Rich source Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), known as a "miracle" ingredient helps in joint pain
- Is Alkaline and Helps Balance your Body’s pH.