“Prodiet” Spirulina – Nutrient Information
A single tablespoon (7 grams) of dried spirulina powder packs upto
- Protein: 5 grams
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin): 11% of the RDA
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 15% of the RDA
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin): 4% of the RDA
- Copper: 21% of the RDA
- Iron: 11% of the RDA
- Magnesium, potassium, zinc, and phosphours in good amounts along with other minerals
- Packed with antioxidants like zeaxanthin
Spirulina comes with only about 20 calories and 1.7 grams of digestible carbohydrates. Phycocyanin in Spirulina can fight free radicals and inhibit production of inflammatory signaling molecules.
Here are a few more reasons why spirulina is considered a nutritional powerhouse..
- Best known source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA,an important fatty acid for heart and joints).
- One of the best sources of supplement for detoxification.
- Spirulina has Incredible protein content — it’s 65% to 75% protein by weight.
- It contains all of the essential 8 amino acids and 10 of the 12 non-essential amino acids.
- Prodiet is enriched with important phyto-nutrients such as GLA, chlorophyll, c-phycocyanin &other carotenoids.
WHY IS “Prodiet” Spirulina CALLED A COMPLETE FOOD?
Spirulina has everything you need to live on, more than any other grain, plant or anything! It’s nutritious, digestible and bio-available. Furthermore, to match nutrition from one tsp of Spirulina, you will have to eat:
- 3 ounces fresh wheat grass juice for the Chlorophyll
- 20 ounces of spinach for the iron
- 16 medium carrots for the beta carotene
- 2 cups of brown rice for the potassium
- 8 ounces of top sirloin for the protein and ~B-12
- 6 medium raw wheat germ for the Vitamin E
- 3 capsules of Evening Primrose Oil for the GLA
- 4 glasses of cow’s milk for the calcium
How to take “Prodiet” Spirulina?
Spirulina comes in various forms capsules, tablets, powders and flakes. The recommended daily dose is typically between three to five grams. Buy natural Spirulina from New Age Nutrition and as a result see improvement in the health of your family and yourself.