BOOST WINTER ENERGY WITH SPIRULINA
Prodiet Spirulina is a highly energising and a superb vitality booster. Highly nutritious and almost completely absorbed by the body, Spirulina is the perfect natural partner to help keep your energy levels high throughout autumn and winter.
Why do we say energy with spirulina?
Typically during winters, our energy and zest for life drop: shorter days, longer nights and colder weather can make us want to ‘hibernate’ and slow right down.
But this year you can kick back and give yourself a boost with Spirulina – nature’s richest whole food source of complete protein and the entire anti-oxidant spectrum. Spirulina supports cardiovascular health, lowers cholesterol and strengthens the immune system. Spirulina is packed with 10 times more iron than spinach and it helps prevent anaemia and fatigue. It is superbly energizing and, being highly alkaline, it’s also very cleansing.
Spirulina is ideal for sporty types. Its high protein content and absorbability make it a favourite to provide energy for exercise. Moreover, it contains all-important amino acids and protein needed to help the hard-worked muscles repair and recuperate after workouts.
Personal Trainer & Spin/Fitness Instructor Rachel Bruce says:
“I have a very physically demanding job and need phenomenal energy and increased immunity. As a Personal Trainer and Spin Instructor on the go from 5 am till midnight I need nothing short of a miracle to keep me going! After just a few weeks of taking daily doses of spirulina a colleague asked me what I was on – she said I looked five years younger, glowing with lots of energy. Now she’s switched to Spirulina and feels great too. The benefits of Spirulina are endless and so is my energy! I would recommend Prodiet Spirulina to anyone looking for health, energy and lifestyle enhancement.”
Nutritionists and practitioners highly recommend Spirulina. It also has many celebrity fans including soul singer Beverley Knight, Dr Gillian McKeith, Carol Vorderman, Zoë Ball, Sophie Anderton and Jenny Seagrove.
But you don’t have to be a celeb to enjoy it. People from all walks of life – from hard working teachers to fitness enthusiasts and busy mums to high flying commuters – have told us how much Spirulina has helped them keep pace with their hectic lifestyles.
Why go with Prodiet Spirulina
Prodiet Spirulina is considered to be one of the most pure and potent Spirulina brands available. It is grown without herbicides or pesticides and is 100% natural. We produce powder using the unique Natural Shade Drying process on our farms where it is cultivated. Cold pressed tablets are ~98% pure Spirulina.
How do I take Prodiet Spirulina?
Take the tablets with or after meals – just swallow them whole with water or fruit juice. Six tablets will give you the minimum daily dose of 3g. Or take Spirulina powder – a heaped teaspoon a day is ideal. Add to smoothies or shake into fruit juices: citric works well; citric and sweet even better.
How do I buy Prodiet Spirulina?
Prodiet Spirulina powder and tablets are available from some health stores and online at http://www.newagenutrition.in/products. The powder costs from Rs 2500 for 1000 grams and the
Post and packaging are free on all orders to Indian address.
With the festive season kicking in, if you’re looking for a healthy and refreshing, yet decadent dessert, make these your next mission in the kitchen! These mini cheesecakes are made with oats, almonds, cashews, mint extract, spirulina, and coconut oil, among other good-for-you ingredients. Talk about a superfood dessert! Healthy & tasty!
SERVES -12 mini Spirulina cheesecake
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates.
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted almonds.
- 1/3 cup gluten-free(preferably) oats.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
FOR THE Spirulina Cheesecake:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract.
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar.
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or other liquid sweetener.
- 1-2 teaspoon spirulina.
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
FOR THE CHOCOLATE LAYER:
- 1 cup chocolate chips.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil.
- In a food processor, add dates, almonds, oats, and vanilla. Pulse until ingredients are well blended and form a ball.
- Grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Press a rounded tablespoon of the crust mixture into the bottom of each cavity.
- Add cashews, vanilla, mint, vinegar, agave nectar, spirulina, almond milk, and coconut oil to a blender. Blend on high until completely smooth.
- Spoon mixture over the crust layer. Place muffin tin in the freezer.
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil. Take muffin tin out of the freezer and spoon melted chocolate, evenly, into each cavity.
- Place back in freezer for a couple of hours. Keep in freezer until ready to serve.
Benefits of Spirulina Cheesecake
Spirulina is a type of algae that grows in clean water. While it’s only just recently cropped up as a trendy superfood, it’s was actually used as a food by Aztecs and Mesoamericans. It was declared as future food by NASA in 1974.
So, what’s so great about spirulina? For one thing, spirulina is packed with tons of nutrients — one tablespoon of spirulina contains 5 grams of protein, 11 percent of your daily recommended Iron, 21 percent of your daily recommended Copper, 11 percent of your daily recommended Thiamin, and 15 percent of your daily recommended Riboflavin. Wow!!!. To know more about Prodiet Spirulina, read/subscribe to our blog.
We all know about using spirulina in smoothies, but what if you want to get your daily dose of superfood in another way? For one, you can use it as a natural food coloring for desserts. You may also look at our power packed energy globes recipe for portability. And lastly, we just told you an awesome cake recipe using Spirulina.
Gather cheers by surprising everyone with this healthy cake in this festive time.
Join the Superhero trend
be a part of Superhero triend with a Superfood Spirulina. Spirulina is an algae (perfect for vegetarians and vegans) that is completely full of all kind of vitamins and minerals. It was once a staple food for people living in the early Americas and Africa, but most people don’t have it in their diet today. However, you can easily add it with a supplement like Prodiet Spirulina!
How is superfood Spirulina
Spirulina has a lot of protein, high levels of chlorophyll (which supports healthy blood), essential fatty acids, iron, 8 essential amino-acids, enzymes, antioxidants, and much more.
And it’s really easy to digest which makes it perfect for everyone, and especially people with difficulty absorbing nutrients. This includes people with inflammatory bowel diseases and similar problems, and sometimes people who are just a little sick.
Scientific studies on Superfood Spirulina
With every required nutrient in it, no wonder studies have shown the multiple benefits of using Spirulina. One study shows Spirulina is beneficial for blood lipid profiles, yet another reports that it helps in fight inflammation.
Yet another reports published that Spirulina is beneficial for people with diabetes. Check how Spirulina supports the immune system by stimulating antibodies and increasing the number of defensive cells.
Spirulina is so super dense in nutrients that it even got included in the diet of astronauts to help ensure they have all the nutrition they need. And since health is a huge priority for astronauts, that’s a pretty big stamp of approval.
Whether you’re looking for more iron, better nutritional balance, support for diabetes or heart health or any of the other potential benefits of spirulina, you can harness them with Prodiet Spirulina.
Here are the top 10 (of many) reasons why our team believes can be a superhero with Spirulina
- Weight loss– by correcting nutritional deficiencies & improving insulin sensitivity it supports healthy metabolism and energy levels. Due to its complete amino acid profile, it gives you a feeling of satiety and make you feel fuller if consumed before meals.
- Anti-ageing– Poor diet, lifestyle, pollution, infections can all cause a rise in free radicals in the body. Therefore, the result is cellular damage causing premature aging, wrinkles, bad skin, black rings under the eyes and sometimes serious illnesses. However, Spirulina can help you tackle this head on with high amounts of antioxidants.
- Stress Less– Densely-packed with magnesium, it supports the nervous system and lower stress levels and muscle spasm.
- Anti-cancer– Prodiet Spirulina is the richest source of Beta Carotene, an important antioxidant. This can help neutralise free radicals, that cause tumors and cancers.
- Reduces side effects of hangover– it keeps your liver healthy by reducing inflammation and buildup of triglycerides, and helps with detoxification. It takes a load off your liver if you are a regular drinker. If you plan on having a night out with the girls/guys, make sure you drink a full bottle of water with spirulina to avoid a nasty side effects of hangovers. It works! Some of team members swear by that it helps in avoiding hangover completely.
- Detoxifying– Detoxing is becoming a popular trend, Spirulina’s popularity is not surprising. Using this powerful green powder is a gentle and safe way of removing toxins from the body while adding vital minerals and vitamins. Do go through our blog on use of Spirulina as a detoxing agent.
- Decreased appetite– Spirulina due to its high protein content (55-70%) can keep you full if you drink before meals (always wait 20-30 minutes to eat). Being a single walled, the proteins are easy to decompose and readily absorbed by the body.
- Glowing skin– The stress levels of modern living, pollution accompanied with poor lifestyle and diet tend to increase the amount of free radicals in the body. However,,Spirulina can help you fight this by neutralizing free radicals and rejuvenate your cells from the inside out.
- Alkalinity– We consume a lot of acidic food. Acidity inside body breeds bacteria/virus and increases our chances of getting infection or disease. Spirulina is alkaline and counters the acidic foods, it will help raise the pH level. This eventually will lead to better bone mass and improved metabolic functions.
- Avoid Nutrients deficiency– It is one of the highest nutrient dense foods, and can fill up any deficiencies in your diet. Great supplement for vegetarians as it has the highest protein content (by weight) containing 50-70% protein and all essential amino acids.
Are you on your path to be a Superhero. We will help you in attaining you goal with Superfood Spirulina. Do you agree with our top 10 reasons or are there different ones?
Weight Loss with Spirulina
First thing you should know that there is no simple way to lose weight. Indeed, you should not expect that you can just eat something, and then result is weight loss. If it was as easy as buying pills, there would be no obesity. Think of it, why no pharmacies sell pill for weight loss? Is Weight loss with Spirulina real or a myth?
All you need is to eat less and do the cardio-vascular exercises, and that’s the only way it works. We are not going to explain why exercising is a must but we will surely explain how weight loss with Spirulina is possible.
The effect of spirulina
Now what is the effect of spirulina? Spirulina actually reduces the appetite and elevates your energy level. However this relationship is still indirect, because the reduced appetite does not necessary mean reduced consumption of food. Nor does it mean,that elevated energy level necessarily leads you to actually start doing more exercises.
Many people just like to eat food because it tastes good, not because they’re hungry. So even a reduced appetite will not have an effect on them. Some people would even vomit as they eat and eat, but that would not stop them from eating more. Or just as another example, lets suppose you are a factory worker, and you’re being provided with a regular size meal. If you have a reduced appetite would you actually start throwing away a portion of that meal?
Unless you are in control of your eating habits, the weight loss would be almost impossible, no matter how costly your gadgets and supplements are. However, if you are serious and ready to change things, the spirulina can help and actually contribute to weight loss.
Will Spirulina consumption work?
Nowadays, it’s not so easy to keep up the right diet – the nutritional value of consumed food is often imbalanced, and as a result our body keeps craving for more. This is especially true for the fast foods as they provide almost nothing but fat and preservatives – and what a nice combination of misery it is!
Now if we take Spirulina, the body can get the additional nutrients it requires, for not only the spirulina is rich in vitamins and essential pigments, but has also a very high protein content. Protein is capable to satisfy hunger better than either carbs of fat. So a protein diet also appears effective for weight management. However, unlike the hard tissues of any other protein, the simple cells of Spirulina can dissolve in water. And thereby all its protein can be easily digested just within several minutes. This is how the consumption of spirulina immediately results in a reduced appetite or food craving and can help you to manage your weight.
Keep in mind that the best way of consumption would be on empty stomach, about 15-30 minutes before the lunch. If you take it right before the lunch, you will hardly notice any appetite reduction. Taking it post lunch will not render any great effects on weight loss.
Also Spriulina elevates your energy levels, it may bring you an additional boost during your cardio workouts. And this extra punch of workout can help you to burn fat more effectively. And in the end it brags to have a great advantage over coffee, tea and other tonics, because it does not cause the side effect inherent to them. Indeed unlike other tonics, that give only temporary boost, and then eventually make you feel weak, the energizing effect of spirulina is consistent and yet, has no known drawbacks.
More healthy reasons of Weight loss with Spirulina
The above mentioned reasons are not the only ones that you should start taking “Prodiet” Spirulina. Our research also led us to believe that Spirulina being super dense in nutrient concentration can not only help with weight loss but also increase immunity and boost your energy.
High Nutrient Content
Often, when one feels hungry, body is causing the effect as it is looking to fill its own need for nutrients. When you take poor-quality foods, your brain will trigger your appetite in an effort to find what it needs. Taking Spirulina will increase the concentration of nutrients in your body and may reduce hunger and cravings in the process.
Low in Calories
Spirulina supplies only 3.5 calories for each gram of protein according to NaturalWays.com. This is one of the least calories you can gain for any gram of protein, even marginally better than famous protein powders like whey. A standard 500 mg tablet of Spirulina only has less than two calories. Regular consumption of spirulina will provide you with a good portion of your daily nutritional needs, without any caloric consequences.
Reduces Blood Sugar levels
A diet high in processed foods and sugary snacks causes blood sugar levels to rise quickly. The pancreas releases the hormone insulin which helps cells absorb the glucose and store the excess as fat. If your blood glucose levels are elevated, you cannot lose weight. Balancing your blood sugar levels is essential for healthy weight loss.
Spirulina is a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids, and GLA. GLA helps regulate your blood sugar and control insulin levels, which will in turn minimize carbohydrate binging and help you lose weight. A study published in Journal of Medicinal Food found that regular supplementation of Spirulina (2g a day for 2 months) reduced blood glucose levels even in Type 2 diabetics.
Spirulina Boosts Energy
Spirulina is a great supplement for workouts. It contains vitamins b1, b2, b3 and b5 which are essential for transforming food into energy. It also contains high levels of B6, which helps insulin to work effectively.
A study published in European Journal of Applied physiology found that supplementing Spirulina (2.5g three times per day for 3 weeks) in healthy individual increased endurance performance. More energy, more exercise, more weight loss.
So is weight loss with Spirulina a myth? Well just as anything else that promotes a fast weight loss is probably a myth, because the accumulation and burning of fat simply doesn’t work that way. However, if you are really concerned about your weight, do take a step further to actually care about your diet. Start doing cardiovascular exercises – then Prodiet Spirulina will definitely help. Why don’t you go ahead, buy our Supplement (at reduced prices) and come back after two months to tell success stories.
Immunity with Spirulina Soup
Changing weather, pollution, dirt and unclean environment makes us susceptible to diseases. New Age Nutrition with their Spirulina recipes helps moms keep their family hale and healthy. Here’s one recipe to increase immunity with Spirulina Soup
Sure, Spirulina is good for you, but this nutrient-dense micro algae is not exactly the tastiest superfood. That said, there are also plenty of spirulina recipes that actually taste good. And most of these recipes mask the flavor of spirulina with other, more palatable flavors.
Healthy Spirulina Soup
The Nutrients from this home soup will boost immunity and health in many ways. It will lower the risk, have a protective effect and improve the symptoms for the a number of ailments. A few of those ailments include forms of cancer, cataracts, muscular degeneration, arthritis, heart attack, stroke, asthma, high blood pressure, migraines, decline in brain function, high cholesterol and prevention of breast cancer.
The most essential nutrients (in order of importance) are contained in: Spirulina, spinach, RED bell peppers and soy beans. Soak veggies in a mild to medium vinegar solution for 30 min. to remove pesticides. Wash them well before usage.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 15 minutes
- 3 ounces fresh spinach (Use 1/3 of a package or 100gms)
- 1 red bell pepper, Optional (mix of red/green bell pepper)
- 1.5 cups soybeans
- 2 cups broccoli
- 3 carrots, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup dark red kidney beans (about 300 gms)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 small onion nicely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Spirulina Prodiet powder
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- Put cold water to soup pot, add the veggie broth to improve the taste.
- Add veggies and beans (beans washed with hot tap water).
- Further add pinch of salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil, turn off heat, cover, and wait for 30 minutes.
- Put Spirulina into the mix at last. Vary the amount as per your liking.
- Keep some onion, Saute and then put on top to get added flavor
- Note: Spirulina can be purchased online from New Age Nutrition LLP “Prodiet” Powder. Check site http://www.newagenutrition.in/products
- Totally optional: For a nice Zip, I like to add hot Chili Sauce, to taste.
- This is a relatively bland soup, one may add lime zest for different taste
Wishing you a disease free year with this soup. Let us know if you tried any other variations? Also let us know the positive effects of incorporating Spirulina in your diet